blue cop bike

sunshine is calling constantly to me and in an effort to ware myself out ragged so that i sleep at night I have been remembering my childhood and riding around town like a bat out of hell. these days I ride a devilish red schwin bike (oh yes, one i got second hand for 30 bucks), but as a kid is was all about the blue bike with brake lines every where and rattling mud gaurds (great for standing on the seat going down hills to the garages). Some thing you have to understand on the street where i grew up was the 'boys', they would hang out under the pear tree, be cool, smoke a bit and generally look messy while harrassing the local population of the 'block'. I would bike past them as fast as I could as the shy 12 yr old, head down. Thats when it happened, as i streaked by home made siren sounds were made by the boys, neenorr neenorr. If your saying that is not the sounds of cop car, it is in england. (muwhaahaa, I love that I can say that when I have a difference of opinon than any one else around here. ) All I can say is that the siren wailing turned into an oppertunity to play starwars with the boys (their favourite game of the year ivolving a makeshift space ship tent with a sheet and old computer keyboards) and be princess leia, no gold bikinis involved though :) that is another story completley

3 comments:

bec said...

when are you going to tell that story?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
B-rad said...

Wow, I better be careful what I say. I don't want my comment removed.....bikini. ha ha