Children's Book Artist Rebecca Waddington Miller



Fabulous Artist Rebecca Miller has the ability to create beautiful yet simple lines that convey whole worlds.  She has been working as freelancer and shares how she became an artist. 




Kim: Hi Rebecca! It has been so long since I have seen you! I would really love to ask you some questions to put on my blog and help my students become better artists.

Why did you become an artist?  
Rebecca: I originally thought I would study business in college, it seemed practical. Art was just something you did for fun, like soccer or eating ice cream
smile emoticonI loved art since I was little and was always fairly good at it. I was drawing all the time. When I got to college I had a friend who was studying art education and noticed how I drew so much and helped me realize the many different art career options and that it was something worth considering! So pretty much, I became an artist because it is so fun!

Kim: What inspires you as an artist?
Rebecca: I love looking at other artist's work and nature. I love museums and fashion, especially for color palette ideas. I love Jen Corace and Lisbeth Zwerger a lot. Instagram is great to be inspired.

Kim: What is your favorite thing to draw?
Rebecca: My favorite thing to draw is farm animals, like goat, sheep, chickens. People are a close second.

Kim: Do you have any projects you are excited about at the moment? 
Rebecca: I've worked on some doodle books recently with friends. We have a website called artpigeon.com that's in the works. The doodle books are like sketchbooks already started for you. It's with Katy Cummings and Brooke Smart. It was fun to collaborate together and choose what I draw.

Kim: Thank you so much for your help! It was fun to get your insight.

Rebecca lives in Pleasant Grove, Utah with her lovely family. She has illustrated many books, does web banner for AirClass, a division of Lenovo. She enjoys running with her hubby and throwing Jedi Parties for her son. You can buy her books at Deseret and check out her art at www.rebeccamillerillustration.com

We would love to hear any comments or suggestions for artists interviews!



























No comments: