Disney, Blizzard and Riot Games Concept Artist Oliver Chipping





We have a really exciting interview for you to read today! Oliver Chipping has agreed to answer a few questions for us about his Art Career. He has worked with Disney, Blizzard & currently Riot Games and he was very happy to let us hear a bit about it.

Kim: Hi Oliver, man it has been a long time! I am so inspired by your work! Would you mind answering some interview questions for my blog on how to become a better artist? It would be amazing :) I run a small art school now with excited kids and I think having a successful artist to learn from would be awesome!

Oliver: Hey Kim thanks! I appreciate the compliment and honestly I find it hard to stay inspired all the time. Sure - I'm at work, but I can give some quick answers :)

Kim: What inspires you as an artist? 

Oliver: Community - beauty - emotion/humanity plus fantasy. So on community - it is making sure that whether I'm in my room surrounded by awesome pictures or in real life surrounding myself with other artists somehow... this is the ultimate way to make me want to reach and grow. 

Kim: What makes a good teacher?
Oliver: A good teacher is someone who can patiently inspire others by both calm directed break down of systematic steps and process... the ability to properly articulate process, the charisma to get people involved and excited and someone, who themselves,are truly inspired. This usually produces results that are infectious and hard to ignore.


 Kim: How did you become so successful in your career?
Oliver: Well success is a relative term... I have definitely had a good career path and worked for some companies that are very large, but truly I identify success with both the ability to sustain doing what you love and happiness that comes from not worrying about having to eat or have a blanket - the basics. I think it goes deeper though - knowing who you are sort of defines how you act in any situation. Both surrounding myself with successful people or those who want to achieve, and also not worrying what others think and simply succeeding in doing the thing I set out to do, is probably my biggest contributor to getting where I have wanted to in my career.  

I hope this helps - I really have enjoyed my path but it has come with no shortage large depressing gaps of time where I was confused about what I wanted. I think the more quickly you can identify what you truly want... not for others, not to do with what you are currently doing, nothing like that, what you really want, and then just get super damn busy doing it, then you will feel engaged and become successful.

-Oliver




Visit https://www.instagram.com/oliverchippingart/ to see more of Oliver's amazing art! 
#concept art #art #awesome #student #disney #sony #
 
 

No comments: