Mcgarren Flack - Fine Artist and Art Professor


 http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/DSCN0466-1024x768.jpg

 



This is so awesome, we have fine artist and Professor Mcgarren Flack giving us some insight to what inspires him and his perspective on teaching.


Kim: Hi Mcgarren, its been along time! You have done amazing things since I last saw your paintings. I would really love to ask you a few questions to put on my blog and to help inspire, help students to become better artists and have insight in to a career in art, would you mind?
Mcgarren: No problem, anytime!
 


Kim: What inspires you as an artist?
Mcgarran: Life inspires me, I look around and notice the day to day things. I learn by observing, and then when I create art I explore the possibilities in order to show what I would like to say. Other artists also inspire me, some that are alive and some that have left a legacy of Art. 

Kim: What makes a good teacher?
Mcgarren: I feel like a good teacher inspires and is able to break down content into understandable steps. Most art teachers share sporadic ideas and concepts and the student is left to try and fit the pieces together, most times it doesn't happen. Once students obtain a solid foundation of a process then exploring the sporadic ideas can be a benefit
Kim: What do you love about being a teacher?
Mcgarren: The thing I love most about being a teacher is seeing student have their Eureka moments while working. They get so excited and it gives them more energy to push through the mud of information. I like the connection that happens between students and teachers. Sometimes students will help me work through an idea or concept without even knowing it. Teaching really benefits me more than the student because it forces me to simplify and start at step one instead of jumping around hoping that I will create something awesome. 

Mcgarren is currently an art professor at Dixie college in St George, Utah and a professional artist. He has earned glowing recommendations from his students who believe him to be passionate, knowledgable and caring about art and teaching. Check out his website to see more of his genius.

www.flackstudio.com










No comments: